The more things change, the more they stay the same. Chevrolet opted to keep the Stingray name for the entry-level version of its mid-engine 2020 Corvette, and another familiar name was mentioned at the debut event held Thursday in Orange County, California.
The Z51 Performance Package previously graced the outgoing C7 Corvette with a handful of goodies that, among other things, increased power from 455 to 460 horsepower. The package has many of the same goals for the 2020 Corvette Stingray and a video helps break down what buyers will get when they check the box marked «Z51.»
The list of parts and upgrades includes:
– Michelin PS4 summer performance tires
– Performance suspension
– Adjustable threaded spring seats
– Larger brake rotors with Z51 graphics
– Enhanced cooling systems
– An electronic limited-slip differential with a specific axle ratio
– Unique rear spoiler and front splitter
– Front brake cooling inlets
– Performance exhaust system
Chevrolet’s Magnetic Ride Control is a further option when opting for the Z51 Performance Package.