The Lexus LC Convertible has just hit production status, and will debut tomorrow at the LA Auto Show. Here’s the full press release, along with photos of the first Lexus drop-top since the 2009 IS-C.
- Performance Luxury Convertible Expands Two-Door Flagship LC Family
- Robust Structural Rigidity Delivers Performance Handling
- Android Auto, Apple CarPlay and Amazon Alexa Compatibility
- Convertible Top Opens in Approx. 15 seconds
- 471-horsepower Naturally Aspirated V8 Engine
- Barrett-Jackson to Auction One-of-a-Kind LC 500 Convertible Next Year
- On Sale in Summer 2020
LOS ANGELES (November 19, 2019) – With a focus on providing the same dynamic and luxurious driving performance for which the flagship LC 500 coupe is known, the 2021 Lexus LC 500 Convertible makes its global debut today at the 2019 Los Angeles International Auto Show. Expanding the aspirational two-door LC family, the LC 500 Convertible offers an additional way to stimulate the senses – with the top down. The exterior of the new LC Convertible stylishly blends the coupe’s unique roofline with the character of a convertible, achieving an exquisite profile with the top open or closed.
Designed from the Top, Down
The LC 500 Convertible echoes the coupe’s “Even Sharper, More Refined” driving characteristics, with a low center of gravity, optimal weight distribution, and a focus on performance-minded handling thanks to impressive structural rigidity. Lexus engineers relied on computer-aided engineering (CAE) analysis and real-world driving evaluation to match the driving qualities of its coupe counterpart, and the extensive research and development yielded impressive results.